Search Engine Optimization means making sure your online content (articles, images, graphics, webpages, site) is optimized for search engine's crawlers, bots so that the search engines can understand what your site's pages are about and to index and rank your site for specific keywords, phrases, questions, sentences in the search engine result pages which we all see after we put in a word in the search engine query such as Google, Yahoo, Bing or secondary search engines such as YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter and the like.
Content of your site can be anything from articles with images, articles with graphics, infographics, articles with audio podcasts, articles with videos, presentations, PowerPoints, documents, data sheets, PDFs and the like.
A niche is simply a subtopic within a particular larger industry. It is better to make a site about a specific niche than to go after too general keywords such as "sports" since you want to rank in the search engines in weeks, months and not years or decades.
In other words you want to find a niche, subtopic and keywords, phrases which are low hanging fruit without too much competition online. It is fine to have some competition since most fields always need an improvement and have large enough audience which is diverse enough to need many sites online in the search result pages.
Your Website's Homepage OptimizationYour homepage is the most crucial component of your site. Include the most important keywords and phrases that will bring you most of the relevant exposure in the search engine result pages. There is no need to constantly repeat the same keywords over and over again on a page or on all of your pages. Use common sense here and balance the keywords every hundred or more words. Your homepages should at least have 500 words of content.
Title tags, alt tags, and Stop Words
• SEO of your site includes a heading tag that includes keywords or keyword phrases. A heading tag is bigger and bolder text than normal body text, so a search engine places more importance on it because you emphasize it. Next is an introduction that describes your main topic and includes your primary keywords which you can repeat a few times.
• Next you can list the links to your pages. You can include a description of each link and write the keywords and phrases in the text. Make sure the links lead to quality, relevant content. Next you can end with a closing paragraph with your keywords. Lastly you may include any other links, reviews, books of secondary content with brief descriptions of each.
Image Alt Tags
• Search engines cannot see graphics or recognize the text that is within images
• You can use the image alt tag descriptions to put in the relevant keywords to the image or graphic you are using so that the crawler can understand what it is
• This will increase the keyword density of your site so keep in mind all those tags with keywords count for the entire page's keyword density. Do not overstuff your tags with keywords either
BACKLINKS FOR YOUR OPTIMIZED WEBSITE AND WEBPAGES
• Backlinks are links that link back to your website's homepage or other webpage
• Links on-site usually either lead to other webpages on your site or link out to outside resources such as other sites related to your own
• Backlinks and links in general are also a great factor in ranking in the search engine result pages
• How well your site ranks in the search engines also depends on how many clickthroughs your sites has in comparison to other websites
• THE SEARCH ENGINES RANK WEB PAGES WHICH ARE OPTIMIZED, those pages lead to your other internal pages of your entire website
• You can ensure more clickthroughs by overcoming your competition with valuable information, data, products, services and staying up to date with your target website users' needs and wants over time
• You can build backlinks by creating additional similar content on different sites, your own side-blogs, web 2.0 properties, videos and share them on other sites
• You can build backlinks by submitting the RSS feeds of your webpages to RSS feed aggregators online
• You can create additional articles to submit to article directories of high quality
• It is always better to have fewer higher quality backlinks than thousands of spammy backlinks that offer no value to anyone
• Images, audio files, documents, PDFs, power points, videos, snapshots, articles, comments, eBooks, tutorials can all be a backlink to your site
• The more people you help the more likely it is that you will get everything you want from and with your business
Step 1: Determine Your Niche and Keywords
• Decide on a topic/niche your site's webpages will be about
• Check with keyword tools and in search engine result pages if your primary keyword and secondary keywords are profitable and not overly competitive
Step 2: Create Content Around Your Keywords and Niche
• Create articles, information, checklists, pillar content, valuable lists, data, graphics, images, videos with descriptions and post them on your site
• Include your primary keywords in title tags of your webpage/site, description, meta tags, alt tags and avoid over-use of keyword
Step 3: Create Backlinks to Your Homepage/Site
• You can submit your website links to web directories of higher quality and authority
• You can login into webmaster tools of various search engines and submit your link for indexing there as well
• You can create comments and articles on different sites that welcome your input and offer you to leave your link to your site
• You can create infographics, audio files, PDFs, free eBooks with info about your site, service, products and share them on document sharing sites with your link to them
• Video Backlinks
• Consider creating videos five to ten minutes long about your site, niche and uploading it on sites such as Vimeo, YouTube, DailyMotion with your link in the video description
• You should build backlinks to your backlinks to insure indexing of your backlinks; this is usually called tiered link building
Researching keywords and phrases your target customers are inputting into the search engines simply use keyword tools that will show you the most updated data on low competition words which have buying intent. http://dsecretebook.com/grank/home-landing-page/