Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Kwara Poly Students Protest Increase In Fees, Destroy Properties (pics)


So I happened to be in ilorin for some reasons and decided to visit a nearby restaurant for breakfast. Was halted by a mob of Kwara State Polythecnic Students who were protesting over a 10k increase in their school fees.
They vandalized properties, made a number of bon fires and chanted war songs.
I understand that a detachment of police were earlier at the scene and fired tear gas however the students weren't deterred by the tear gas. Right now there is no police presence here, perhaps they have gone back to regroup and reinforce.



I'm at the mini campus (IOT) end though I hear same thing is going on at the main campus (Elekoyangan). Anyone there to update us?
PS: These shots are as close as I could get, na God save my Xperia and my head oo, right before my eyes, a guy was mobbed for taking (or attempting to take) pictures and his phone was destroyed. These guys gat no chill.

Updated : The police is back, firing tear gas, I don't need to be told, am out. We usually know how this ends, at night the police would invade marked houses of students in the area and make random arrests. May God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment