Tuesday, December 15, 2015

5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos)

By Lara Wise..

This is my discovery of the year.

'Remarkable' Godwin Musa. 5 year-old.
Born into a family barely surviving on meagre finances.
His parents live in one of Abuja's densely populated slums where life and living Is nothing to write home about.

 That was how 'Remarkable' Godwin was discovered.
His childhood dream, apart from growing up into a very responsible man, is to own a bicycle. He sleeps and wakes up with this dream after seeing and riding the bicycle only in his dreams.



So, guess what? He did what many adults won't do. Instead of waiting and Wailing, Instead of getting angry and depressed over what he can't have, he started from somewhere.. He built a bicycle from scraps.... And he rides it with so much pride!!!

"Since my father cannot afford a bicycle for me, I decided to make one myself "he told my friend who introduced him to me.
What makes Godwin remarkable is his ingenuity, his creativity, brilliance, intelligence. A five year-old having a presence of mind for craetivity is a hard currency many children in expensive schools don't possess.

Looking into his tiny eyes sticking out of a face subdued by harsh harmattan dust, I see hope. I see a destiny bursting from its rims and waiting for an opportunity to explode!

Ladies and gentlemen, shouldn't we get a bicycle for Godwin? Ehn??

No comments:

Post a Comment