Saturday, June 11, 2016

Denrele Talked About His Breakthrough And How He Got His 1st Blackberry Phone

On a quite emotional post on Instagram today. Denrele talked about his breakthrough in the industry and how he got his 1st BLACKBERRY PHONE in 2006

denrele_edun : #FlashBackFriday to the very FIRST time i interviewed d Silver-Screen-Glamour-Queen @genevievennaji on d RedCarpet.



Twas in 2006 at the official premiere of "The Widow" starring @stelladamasus & directed by @kingsleyogoro at Planet One in Maryland, Ikeja. I wasn't billed to host the RedCarpet, @kemiadetiba actually was but she was busy with another event and I was called upon last minute! I had to race from the Soundcity studios in Lekki Phase1 and in a bid to get on d RedCarpet early, I left my flip SonyEriccson fone in d taxi! I was so friggin livid wit myself but hey, the show must go on. Unprepared, flustered and with no inkling as to what was going on, I was pushed onto the RedCarpet by @olatundemichaels (The Evil Producer) and wham bam...the oversized Mic was thrust in my hand!

First guest was the then First Lady of Lagos state, Chief Oluremi Tinubu. With an impressive security entourage, I stuck out my foot and told her that if she didn't do my interview, I would step on her designer shoes...She looked at me, laughed hard and granted me an amazing interview (From our dialogue, I learnt what the event was about!).

But I be DIE-Hard & I no dey carry last...I realized this was the opportunity to up my game and propel myself from being the least paid presenter (then) to another level. I KILLED THE PRESENTATION...I was a nervous wreck with sweaty palms, thinking so hard of what to say and ask but my face and voice masked those emotions...I WAS DARN OVER CONFIDENT!

@genevievennaji walked in and was such a delight to chat with. I recall seeing@glazedlens but the excitement of interviewing Genny made me forget to interview her too!
Let's just say, that RedCarpet session not only skyrocketed my pay check but it also made Chief Remi Tinubu dash me a very sexy "brown envelope" all cos she had never laughed so hard wit a presenter on d RedCarpet!

I spoke to over a hundred celebrities & I was proud of d content I had amassed for the Channel. Then it hit me...I was Phone-less. Stroke of luck,

[b]one of the sponsors gave me a brand new Blackberry..my first ever!

OUR HUSTLE MUST PAY SHA!
Always stay STRONG!!!!
NOTHING CAN BRING US DOWN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment