Wednesday, November 11, 2015

I Feel Cheated After Months Of Hardwork, I Need Your Opinion


Hello my dear NGE family world wide.
To whom it may concern:

*Straight to the point*
What would you do if you were in a situation were you had a client who so needed a house for sale after searching for quite sometime, he got nothing. *not mentioning any names* Realtor or no Realtor pls help me.


This supposed buyer need a 4bedroom semi detach house with 1room bq and had 35m for the house in an estate around chevron that's the area we could try searching for a terrace not duplex for that amount, at that amount but we couldn't secure it. I recalled my client wanted to sell his house off so he could commence other projects.

It was almost impossible if not after a week of constant calls and friendly discussions, the owner agreed. The privately developed house was been sold in lekky county estate, valued at 45m and after much he heeded after days of constant discussion on why he should sell at N35m.

Earlier, the buyer was happy and said ahh! Bro if you could secure and convince the owner to sell at N35m, I'd give you an additional 100k asides the 5percent. I didn't care about the promised additional 100k but my 5% commission which we already had undertook an agreement for effect of agency fee after House documents has been transferred.

This was in August 2015, Now his finance wasn't even transfer or direct but a supposed bank finance that was to take 3weeks, I had to convince the owner that buyer is a serious man. Meanwhile the owner was in the UK, doing distant convincing was another ball game entirely.

This has been a very annoying, stressful transaction that has really weighed and stressed me out for months, but I no shout. smiley I can do all things through christ who strengthens me.

I had to be convincing the owner in the Uk that this man his serious and wants to buy, we were yet to hear from him since 2weeks after his offer for N35m was accepted. He said he was waiting for the bank to contact him with the ready funds, that they have opened the facility for him to buy the house that they would send their valuer to come and inspect the house. Now the story had changed after some of his bankers inspected and said a valuer would come for inspection. It was now a mortgage company handling the transaction. This now had turned to one month, owner was pissed that his giving this offer cheap and yet all this back and forth.

I was just in the middle of the tragic drama. The Buyer now sent a letter of exclusivity that the owner should remove the property off the market so he'd be convinced that as he has paid the bank to facilitate the transaction to buy the house and doesn't want the money to hang that he'd lost it because it wouldn't be refundable if he sells the house. The period that was to last was for another 2weeks.

I adviced him to drop money to commit some funds to owner so he'd believe he is serious, he told me he doesn't have that bank is financing I should just be talking to the owner and convincing on his behalf.

The owner was unhappy with me because he had been stressed with documents here and there yet no head and no tale and no commitment from buyer after 2months, He trusted my judgement and believed I knew what I was doing, how can in the 3rd month your buyer hasn't come through, even to commonly drop 500k to commit he can't. Before buyer put pen to paper was something else.

I still cajoled and professionally lead the owner on to know he is very interested. I had met the mortgage bankers and I inquired from them and they say *we are on it* they had been on it for months.

Even going to the head office to get documents which wasn't my business, as owner accepted 35m that's were my business crosses.
Basically, i was in the heat for 3 and a half months but didn't complain but I have to. Fast forward to yesterday : 10/11/2015 they exchanged documentation and the house key and buyer is saying the light connection, house transfer documents cost him like additional N4m and an Outstanding management fees on the house from year 2013- year 2015 and he paid that yesterday.

After handed documents I asked for my cheque because in the morning he told me that he'd sign Me a cheque because exchange, I asked for my change. He said change of plans that he used that money to pay for those fees and till tomorrow(today 12/11/2015) he call me for my cheque.

Last night(11.11.15) the buyer mailed a new agreement and said the old agreement is cancelled because I told him only after the transaction had started that there were extra charges.

That he'd pay 700k and that's after convictions.
I am a family man and have my own responsibilities, 3months took a lot.
I still have my agreement dated on 24/08/2015 that he acknowledged paying me 5% commission as soon as transfer of document has occurred.

My Brothers and sisters, if you were in my shoes and someone is ripping you off from your hard, stressed earned funds.
At the end of year you were expecting to get of N1.750m but surprisingly telling you he will give 700k, he actually said 600k before, what would you do? Seriously need your opinions.

Please, what would you do if this was on you?


No comments:

Post a Comment