Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Two Job Offers. I Am Confused.. Pls advice

I just got employed to work in a startup sub-company(formed as a result of diversification) that is leveraging on her parent company(an engineering firm). The sub-company is into eCommerce and I am the only software guy handling the platform using opensource. I feel I am not really learning anything new, I code less and besides the company is yet to make her first sales. We are still putting things in place with the support of the parent company. The job is on the mainland and I stay on the mainland. The fear is that i will be under pressure especially if sales are not coming in



While trying to settle down, an IT firm came calling. I kept posting them by delaying my resumption date but they want me on board as soon as possible. As a matter of fact, they want me to start next week. I even tried to renegotiate salary even though both salaries are almost the same. They are offering to make me undergo a 6 months training in advance programming during my probation period. Its a place for me to learn more and is inline with my career ambition considering my degree and the fact that I love programming. The bad side is that the job is on the island and I will spend more. Its an already established firm with headquarter in usa. While the former is just starting out, but her parent company also has offices in usa and uk and are ready to patronize the sub company.

I plan to start my masters(full-time) in unilag very soon which is inline my the latter. shuffling the masters programme with island will be a bit difficult than on the mainland.

What do you advise?

No comments:

Post a Comment